I’m super excited to share that we have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join one of our portfolio companies – Collective.
To keep it short, you’ll be responsible for a major piece of their product (e.g. onboarding corporate customers and their gig workers, with a focus on improving product adoption and engagement) and be responsible for developing operations to deliver at scale. They’re a young company, so there’s an opportunity to create new processes, introduce new technologies and determine how they can do things better. The role will enable you to collaborate with their Commercial, Finance, Product and Engineer teams to ensure their customer needs and business requirements are met.
So, do you have what it takes?
If you do, send Collective your LinkedIn profile, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full job spec from Collective below 👇
Collective is building a benefits solution fit for the freelance economy.
The way we work is fundamentally changing with gig workers representing a significant and growing market in the UK and abroad. There are currently over 5 million gig workers in the UK, 33 million in the EU and 55 million in the USA. Whilst gig work comes with many advantages, it leaves many people underserved regarding their financial wellness compared to their employed peers. We’re on a mission to fix this.
Company Status & Culture
We’re a venture backed start-up with a big vision, grand ambitions and driven by purpose. Our founding team consists of respected entrepreneurs and operators who have founded and exited businesses and held senior position at some of the best companies in the world including, Aviva, Intuit, Songkick and Virgin.
We’re a warm, diverse and passionate group based out of the Collective HQ in Central London. You’ll be made to feel at home straight away, and join a supportive, considerate and loyal team that encourages responsibility.
Three reasons this role is great
- You’ll learn a TON. Operations will be your focus, but you’ll get plenty of exposure to other aspects of the business.
- You’ll make a difference – we’re building a business that will provide the financial safety net that gig workers so badly need.
- We’re well connected in the startup world and working with market leading gig platforms. You’ll build your network and we will support you to grow.
Our recruitment process
We want to keep it simple so, here’s the process:
- Send us an email to email@example.com with the link to your LinkedIn profile
- We will review all profiles and set-up some introductory calls so you can learn about us and we can learn more about you
- Next-up we will invite you for a cup of coffee or a mug of tea and have a chat in person
- Hopefully, the stars will align, we will make you an offer and we will keep everything crossed that you’ll say yes
Detailed Role Description
Role Title: Operations Manager
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Central London
- Responsible for on-boarding operations of corporate customers and their workforces, improving product adoption and engagement.
- Manage post on-boarding operations, including account management, reconciliation, reporting and metric tracking.
- Work with Product and Tech teams to deliver partner integrations
- Take initiative and an analytical approach to continually improve daily operations and customer experience.
- Internally serve as the voice of our customers and collaborate with the Commercial, Product and Engineering teams to fulfill gaps and recommend improvements that drive the success of our product and operations
- You’ll assist and interface directly with our customers to understand how to best support and be of service to our user base
- Build a framework and playbook that creates a superb customer experience
- Own our help & FAQs by creating articles to help troubleshoot common questions and issues
- Hands on customer operations is nice to have but not essential.
- 3+ years’ work experience in a fast-paced environment such as strategy consulting or working with a tech company/ startup
- You’ve successfully run projects that have delivered impact
- Strong problem-solving skills – breaking down complexity into bite sized pieces.
- Love creating new processes, improving things and challenging the status quo.
- Love working with numbers and data. Excel is your friend, detail your superpower and analysis your passion.
- Have exceptional communication and critical thinking skills.
- You thrive in ambiguity – you know that in startups things move fast and you can quickly create order out of chaos
- You’re humble and love to learn.
- Experience with Intercom, Hubspot, Zapier, and Mailchimp a plus.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, benefits as well as employee equity options.
Indicative base salary: £40K+