About Insurtech Gateway
The Insurtech Gateway is the fastest place to build and launch an insurtech start-up. We provide founders with insurance underwriting paper, advice on how to design and build an insurtech, and investment from inception through to Series B. We are a hybrid team of entrepreneurs, tech innovators and insurance experts. We look at problems from unusual angles and combine our breadth of knowledge to ﬁnd unique solutions.
We believe in the power of insurance and exist to support and advise the next generation of insurtech founders, who share our vision of creating revolutionary insurance products. The companies in our portfolio are taking on the most challenging concepts the space has to offer, from the world’s first cryptocurrency insurance to building brand new products around instant event-based pay-outs.
We are now looking for a Deal Flow Associate to join our London team. This person will become the central point of contact for our origination and investment processes, managing the sourcing, tracking and evaluation of our global deal flow. This is a position of significant responsibility and requires an organised, friendly, and entrepreneurial self-starter who wants to be challenged and stretched. If you are passionate about the future of insurance, technology, and entrepreneurship, this could be a great role for you.
Origination: You will source, screen, analyse and track start-ups that are relevant to our investment strategy. As our boots-on-the-ground, you must be likeable, presentable, and confident thinking on your feet. You will need to be a natural networker, equally adept at managing relationships as you are data, to build close relationships with founders, investors and actors across the insurtech ecosystem.
Due diligence: You will quickly learn the fundamentals of venture capital investing and develop an in-depth understanding of the insurtech landscape. You will develop your own investment theses and produce best-in-class, independent due diligence. You will be able to balance cynicism with excitement and be confident in making decisions based on limited data points.
Portfolio support: You will be an integral part of our ongoing commitment to our founders. Working closely with our Head of Portfolio, you will add value to companies in our portfolio by providing support across operations, strategy and fundraising.
- Academic brilliance: Degree from an undergraduate university, or an equivalent demonstrator of your exceptional intellectual ability
- 2-5 years of work experience: In entrepreneurship, investing, strategy, insurance, or a field we may not expect that makes us hugely excited by the perspective and experience you would bring
- Strong analytical skills: Experience with financial modelling and breaking down company financials, and an ability to make decisions grounded in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Communication: Superior communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Genuine passion: For the insurance, financial services, and technology sectors, as well as some domain expertise across all three
- Energy and enthusiasm: A highly motivated self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable outside your comfort zone
- Attention to detail: An unrelenting work ethic and relentless attention to detail
- Emotional intelligence: Strong communication, interpersonal and social skills, and in interest in building long-lasting relationships
- Values and standards: Integrity, respect for others and a commitment to hold yourself to the highest standards
What you would get
- The opportunity to work with a close-knit and highly motivated team of investors, innovators and entrepreneurs building the future of insurance
- All the resources you’ll need to learn and grow
- A generous benefits package
Applying for the role
To be considered for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Deal Flow Associate candidate – your name’.